Sunday, December 31, 2006

Snow days aren't as exciting when you're not in school. . .

I'm back in the midwest now to spend the holidays at home, and a few days ago, I was dying for some snow. Now, seven inches later, I'm sort of regretting the wish. What's a girl to do when there's nothing to do? My house doesn't exactly provide a myriad of activities, and while Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket, I'm not in the mood to get into a car crash today, so that leaves me with few options.

"But Principessa," you're certainly saying at this point, "have you forgotten about your favorite online boutiques? Surely you haven't browsed the whole sale section of shopbop.com? And the same must go for net-a-porter. . ." Well, actually I have seen a lot of what's on sale at net-a-porter, and that's the problem: without the benefit of trying things on, I can't make up my mind about what to buy.

I'm crazy about this Stella McCartney dress, but at $334, if I get it, it's the only thing I'll get.

This Marc Jacobs dress is a better buy, but as a college student, where would I wear it? It's a touch formal for keggers.

This Diane Von Furstenburg dress is perfectly practical and perfectly cute, and I'm pretty sure that I would wear it enough to make it worth the $178 price tag, but that's almost the problem; it's so practical that it's just not much fun.

The perfect medium seems to be this Paul & Joe sister dress. It's casual but daring, but it might be just a little too much so. I have to reign myself in a little, because London is just a little more fashionably daring than my school is. What's cute in London is sometimes avant garde to the extreme over here.

Then again, maybe I won't bother with toning it down. Because, like the black dress or a dull snow day, where's the fun in that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home