Monday, January 01, 2007

How can you be an individual when your style is trendy?

Ok, I know, I know. Ever since Kate Moss proclaimed her love for Irina Lazareanu, just about everything about her, from her lithe frame to her glossy black locks, has been "in." Especially her bangs. Everyone has blunt bangs now. British twelve year-olds get their fringe cut "like Irina Lazareanu." Self-respecting hipsters have more hair over their forheads than neanderthals did. And hey, she's definitely got a look:


It just happens to be a look that's become everyone's look right now.

But if my bangs were inspired by the lovely Jane Birkin (70's sex symbol extraordinaire) instead of her, can I keep them for a little while and still be original? My hair's still blonde, too, if that makes any difference. . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can the girl help it if everyone wants to copy her? Then again, I do think Irina is overrated. Heroin chic AGAIN? No thanks.

And not everyone can pull of the Irina look. People with round faces just end up looking like... Rosie O'Donnell. =\

9:55 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

No, you can't stop immitations, I suppose. I'm just sore, because now everyone looks like ME!

But you're right about that. Rosie O'Donnell. Heh.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said...

It's not heroin chic... I like her look, though fortunately girls where I live don't copy it- I'd grow out my fringe then.
It's really refreshing to see a model who's more than just pretty or even beautiful (When was the last time you saw Gemma Ward with a different expression?)- she makes everything she wears look cool, and the distinctiveness does not hurt. She has great off-runway style, too. Just pure cool.

8:25 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

One could say 'heroin chic' only because she's usually so pale, and she (like all models) is so, so skinny. She doesn't actually look overdosed or anything

And I agree, she is very beautiful, and yes, she's a good model. Unfortunately, her popularity might mean that she's played out very, very fast.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home