Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't you hate it when the new kid gets popular right away?

I think that I must have read fashion editorials where people talked about Loeffler Randall shoes ('cause I know people are talking about them) at some point, but since they're such a new name, I didn't have the necessary recognition to recall specifics. Rather, I think that I know Loeffler Randall because there have been a few times where I've seen their shoes in an adds or in fashion spreads and thought, "Huh. Those are really cute shoes. I wonder who makes them" checked the caption, and seen the name "Loeffler Randall." After a few times, I must have seen the name enough to remember it, because I certainly know it now. Their shoes really are adorable.

So imagine my surprise when I did a little bit of research and found out that they've only been making shoes (or anything, for that matter) since 2004! They're total newcomers, and they're already on the shelves at Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus. They really do kinda deserve it, though. Being an old western horsewoman (kinda), it's hard to excite me with a pair cowboy boots. They're kind of old hat (old boot?) to me at this point. But Loeffler Randall does it. It's not too hard to excite me with a pair of ballet flats, but they sure as hell don't miss the mark there, either.

Nothing really need be said about them save that their shoes are amazing, but I'm going to go ahead and say anyway that I love seeing fashion businesses run largely by women. It's not that I don't love male designers (or businessmen either, I guess--I mean, I have nothing against them), but there's an undeniable deficiency of women in power in the fashion world. So, more power to the people behind Loeffler Randall--people like them are the reason that I constantly have to remind myself that I can't afford to spend $500 on shoes. Yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love, love love those Loeffler Randall shoes....just bought the ones you have pictured on your blog and also "Mia", a flat with a chiffon knot.

2:05 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I obviously love the Sadie (since I posed a picture, and all), but the Mia is incredibly cute, too! Good choice :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home