Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hey, wait. . .

A recent wander through Urban Outfitters has forced to recall my childhood. Fortunately, it wasn't their selection of novelty books about sex or all the cheap barware; rather, it was the look that they were pushing. See, I spent a large quantity of my childhood dressed in Land's End (which might explain my current obsession with clothing that's, um, aesthetically pleasing), and the items that my mom most liked were leggings and tunics. LEGGINGS AND TUNICS. Oh, and what I lusted after in first grade were those leggings edged in lace, because everyone else wore them. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Certainly I know that fashion is cyclical, but I'm kinda surprised that what was once clothing for a seven year-old has become prime "edgy fashion" for young adults a decade later. Oh well. Can't change the past. And unfortunately, can't change the mass-marketed present, either.

Hey Urban Outfitters, I did it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home