Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mmm, Juicy

Lately I've been wondering if this blog isn't to some degree a sort of cathartic outlet for me, an anonymous place where I can confess my deepest fashion secrets, and admit to any fashion guilt I've been having.

Well, one fashion confession that I want to make is that (I'm taking a deep breath as I type this) I really like some of Juicy Couture shoe line. Let me legitimize this by saying that I'll never forgive Juicy for trying to make velour sweats high fashion, and while I do think that sweats can be made fashionable (see Norma Kamali's line for Everlast), making them fuzzy and putting them in obnoxiously bright colors is not the way to do it. I find most of Juicy's stuff offensively girly, and not just because of its saccharine excess, but because I actually think that they play to some stereotypes about being a girl. Not all of us want to constantly wear hot pink, guys.

Juicy Couture shoes, however, are nice in a sort of Hollywood Glamour Girl way, and kind of original (and believe me, I never thought that I would write "Juicy Couture" and "original" in the same sentence), too. Anyone can put rhinestones or metallic leather on a shoe, but the way that Juicy does it is kind of sweet as well as spangly.

There. I confessed.

Don't judge me too harshly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home