Monday, April 17, 2006

Why not make them all green issues?

The "green issues" of Elle and Vanity Fair are on the shelves now. While this is definitely cool, Vanity Fair didn't manage to print the issue on recycled paper. I mean, as with all causes, awareness is the most important thing, but if you don't ever actually take any action, what's the point? I mean, I suppose a symbolically green issue is better than nothing, but props to Elle for actually printing their issue on recycled paper, and hiring an environmentalist guest-editor.

I bought the issue, and it looks good--I don't think they've sacrificed any quality in order to use some recycled paper in the issue. I'm looking forward to reading it, since I really like the idea of a green issue to begin with, but I also might fire off a quick letter to the editor suggesting continued use of recycled paper. It just seems like a good idea.

It's also a good idea to get your fashion news online, where you don't waste any paper. . . not that I'm self-promoting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home