Friday, April 14, 2006

Renaissance woman, or just another name?

Hmm. I can't decide how I feel about Taryn Manning. For one, I think I've mentioned how greatly annoyed I am by actress/pop star/socialite/fashion designer/"songwriter"/entrepreneur/mini-moguls I am, and nextly, I don't like her clothes line, Born Uniqorn. On the other hand, I don't really think she's enough of a name to float by on fame alone (*coughHillaryDuffcough*), so it seems to me like the stuff she's done (she's an actress/singer/songwriter/fashion designer--slightly shorter than the above list) must have probably been at least somewhat accomplished through talent. And I don't think that all celebrity fashion lines are evil--there are actually a couple that I like. Still though, she's supposedly best friend with Britney Spears--that's gotta count for something, right? Maybe that's how she got the connections to be a designer without actually being good at it. Then again, maybe Juicy Couture just forever ruined sweats for me so that I can't enjoy them in any format. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home