Monday, May 08, 2006

Good cheap, bad cheap

Even though I'd like to think that this is a fashion blog (as opposed to a clothing blog, where the high fashion world isn't really discussed), I am aware that I talk about cheap clothes a lot. Now, I love designer jeans (especially James Cured and Yanuk. . . I love you, James and Yanuk!) as much as the next fashion-obsessed twentysomething, but I do think that good clothes, fashion, even, can be cheap. Observe:


This dress, which I am so getting, is a mere $30 at Old Navy. I'll be quite unhappy if this dress isn't at in stock when I go (when I have time again in my life in a week or so). Now, on the other hand, cheap clothes can be pretty evil too. Observe:


I'm pretty sure that this top, courtesy of Walmart, went out in 1996, though I'm not sure that color has ever been in. Dude, you couldn't pay me to wear this.

So, the moral of this story is that it's all in the choosing. Now, go buy some Tara Jarmon clothes at Target (squeal!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't sew -- one of the newest Vogue patterns seems to marry the cheap-chic Old Navy dress and the babydoll dress quite nicely!

Too bad the Vogue website doesn't have a photo -- the latest Vogue magazine does, and it's beautiful as long as you have a small and/or firm bust.

Vogue 8235
http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/20000/itm_img/V8235.jpg

7:13 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Oooh, you're right--that's really cute! Learning to sew is totally on my to-do list (it's somewhere after "graduate from college" and "find an apartment"), but I'm actually going to try to remember that. Thanks!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home