Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A bold stroke for a fashion blogger

Whoever can tell me what early female playwright the title of this entry implicates gets 10 princess points.

Ok, but on to the subject of the entry: Kirtsten Dunst gets a lot of shit for her look. Lots fashion blogs, in fact, target her (cough,gofugyourself,cough--but I love the fuggers anyway). Well, I'm going to step up and say that I like what she wears. Yeah. That's right. What are you gonnna do about it?

I mean, she's creative. She's different. She's daring (I mean, no bra in Hollywood? wow). And, I think that often, she looks cute. I mean, let's discuss the above picture. Now, maybe it's just my penchant for babydoll dresses, but I kind of like the little girl jumper look, and I'm surprised how well pairing black and navy works in this outfit. I think it's the way she used the scarf, with colors that goes with black and with navy, to tie them together. The shoes are maybe a little shocking--I'd have probably gone with ballet flats. Still though, they're unexpected, and they keep the outfit from being too sweet and little girl-y.

Ok, go ahead and shoot me down. I'm ready. I can take it.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Principessa said...

It's a good point that this would be a huge improvement for other starlets. And you're right about her hair too, it really works for her. Overall, I think that Kirsten Dunst usually looks pretty damn cute.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home