Thursday, April 27, 2006

Update on Juicy Couture

It's come to my attention lately that a lot of people find my blog in an attempt to learn about the business ethics of Juicy Couture. Now, the only reason that this leads them to me is that I admitted to a dirtly little secret about my own feelings about Juicy Couture (but still, it's not like I own any), and that I sometimes discuss clothing with a conscience.

Still, I hate to disappoint, so I did a little research on Juicy Couture, and found. . . nothing. Sorry guys, I couldn't find anything whatsoever on how they treat their workers, the environment, their business ethics--anything. I suppose that means that we should give them the benefit of the doubt. . . maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rara Avis said...

I worked with someone who's gf made clothes for them. They make at least some Juicy in downtown L.A.'s garment district and the lounge peices cost about $2 each(!)in terms of real costs. As for labor practices, I don't know much, sorry!

8:51 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thanks for letting me know! That's really interesting--I'm glad to hear that they used at least one American factory, but $2 a piece--wow.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home