Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wasn't being anti-designer the point?

American Apparel has been getting awfully designer-y lately, in almost a late 80's, early 90's we-love-stretchy type way. I mean, they've always made fabulous basics, but their basics have been getting, shall we say, cheeky lately. Check out the rocking stirrup tights (I wear those for ballet, AND on the street--I am SO ahead of my time!), and in an even more individualistic, original move, their cable-knit leggings. Cable-knit leggings? Huh? They're weird, but I'm actually probably going to buy a pair--I'll wear them as super-warm tights with boots in the fall (I have my fingers crossed for going abroad and studying somewhere rather cold in the fall. . .).

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with American Apparel carving out more of a design image for themselves. I'll continue to be a fan and a customer, so long as they keep up their stellar business policies. It's just a drastic change from the generic way they were promoting themselves eariler.

Check out more pics of the two mentioned items, and even more design innovations, in the "Coming Soon" section of the website.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home