Sunday, April 23, 2006

Good things come in unglamourous packages

I'll admit that, often, I'm a total sucker for packaging. I mean, Benefit cosmetics are fabulous, but I totally first started buying them because of their clever use of the pin-up girl motif. Tonight, though, while I was thinking about what I'm going to wear this week (yes, I am that nerdy), I realized that every outfit I was considering involved what must be my favorite, though incredibly unexciting, fashion item: a men's undershirt. They're not exactly couture, but what's not to like about them? They're comfy. They're infinitely stretchy. They come in packs of three or five. The fit is actually quite sexy on a woman. They're thin enough that they layer better than anything else, but they're just barely opaque enough that you can get away with wearing them alone, so long as your bra is nude-colored. They're long. They have a deep-but-not-indecently-revealing neck. In a way, they're kind of perfect.

I never thought that my favorite item of clothing would come from a plastic bag in the men's section, but life is funny that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home