Saturday, May 06, 2006

Oh, the irony

Go figure. I'm a big fan of nice makeup. I dabble in drugstore for kicks, but for me, it always comes back to Laura Mercier, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Benefit (Bourjois gets an honorable mention). Clinique foundation is and always has been perfect for me, so one would assume, accordingly, that their concealer would be as well. Not so. Although the color is right, it isn't thick enough to really conceal well, and even with powder on top, it only lasts an hour or so. And I totally do not have time to reapply throughout the day. I rely on Benefit to fill the gaps when other makeup brands fall short, so I was suprised that their concealer doesn't have a lot of staying power either--plus, it's hard to blend. Would my concealer angst every end?

Enter a hot, slimy, sweaty day when I had to go to the drugstore anyway (yesterday). I caught a glance of my sadly un-concealed face in the rearview mirror, and in my frustration, I grabbed some concealer while I was at the drugstore. And. . . magic! L'oreal true match concealer (in my case, in fair/light neutral) is kind of incredible. It's thick, but really, really blendable, which is cool for a concealer, because in order to conceal, they kind of have to be heavy-duty makeup. This morning, when I went to put my Laura Mercier powder over my new favorite concealer ever, I couldn't even tell where the concealer was. Plus, it stays and stays and stays.

I guess I learned my lesson. I am officially no longer just a recreational drugstore makeup user. I'm hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home