Thursday, September 28, 2006

Not quite missing the US, but still. . .

I'm thrilled to be here in London. I don't have much time (or money, for that matter, considering the exchange rate) to shop, but even window shopping is quite amusing here. Hell, the only thing I've really been missing about American shopping is that the exchange rate here makes H&M a lot more expensive than it should be. Still, I will admit to getting a little twinge of homesickness when I got my email from Active Endeavors. Active Endeavors is a Chicago boutique with amazing taste and an equally amazing website. Even if I lived in Chicago, I would get their newsletters anyway, because the wardrobes they put together aren't to be missed. They might well ship to the UK, but if they do, I certainly don't want to pay for it. If you're in the US and shipping won't cost you an arm and a let, I would recommend investing in this Ong jacket. If the jacket itself is too expensive (it definitely is for me, then at least sign up for their emails for inspirations' sake. Trust me. You won't regret it.

4 Comments:

Blogger [v] said...

hey, i'm another tagger from stylebubble.typepad.com, and i'm currently studying in London as well. You can get a gorgeous pair of Cheap Monday jeans (it's a swedish cult brand, easily recognisable by a skull on the back label of the jeans), for about 40pounds.

Cheers!

12:45 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Oooh--Thank you! I think I've heard of Cheap Monday, but I didn't know they were affordable! Any idea where I'd go to get them?

1:02 AM  
Blogger [v] said...

hey, you can go to Urban Outfitters at Oxford Circus or Covent Garden to get them. honestly, they're like the cheapest denim that have respectable rank. you can get them at harrods/harvery nicks if you're lucky to find them. you can e-mail any of your london fashion queeries to me at: brendan.khong@gmail.com as well. cheers!

1:00 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thanks! The advice is much appreciated :) I'll check it out as soon as my drama conservatory gives me a free second and a half!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home