Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Shopping Season

Fall is magazine season. Fall is sales season. Fall is (one of two) fashion week season(s). Apparently, fall is blogsearch season, too. I don't know why, but my hits from random searches have gone way up lately. I'm not the name dropping-est blog, so it's cool to see the random, sometimes little-known things I mention are being pursued by other people. So, what are the things you guys want for fall?



Well, first of all, baby doll tops and dresses are still hot, and you all know that I'm thrilled about that. All the designers are doing them, but the one pictured at right is from Necessary Objects, and well within most peoples' price ranges. Even Old Navy has picked up the empire waist--the best part of the babydoll trend is becoming its accessibility.



In a more specific vein, everyone wants Alice Ritter's clothes. Not surprising, considering how lovely, feminine, and ethereal her clothes are. They're still pretty hard to find on this side of the pond (she's a French designer, and as far as I can tell, definitely still in the "up and coming" category), but she's definitely hot right now, which means that it should be easier and easier to find Alice Ritter designs. Of course, this doesn't mean good things for the price points, but hey, if she gets really popular, maybe she'll do the next Go International! line for Target.

Speaking of which, people (me included) are still going nuts for Paul & Joe at Target. It's fabulous that they're doing the Go International line in the first place just for the fact that they're bringing such elite designers to such a wide audience. Still, I've been thusfar completely and totally impressed with their choices of designers with unique aesthetics. Paul & Joe is fabulous, Behnaz Sarafpour is looking maybe even better, and I can't wait to see who they get next.




You also all want cashmere and knits for fall, which isn't too damn surprising. Lily McNeal is a great choice. Her designs are basic, but the drape of her things is to die for.










Denim is always a wardrobe staple, but since it's durable and can be warm, it's great especially for fall. I'm thrilled that you guys seem to be into organics like Loomstate and Del Forte. I'm sure I've said this before, but organic and sustainable clothes in general are usually very well-made, since so much care has to go into the creation of the materials. Plus, Loomstate, and from what I've heard, Del Forte too, has fabulously great designs.





Sofia Kokosalaki also seems to be getting more and more popular by the second. I'm sure the collaboration with Nine West will only help her. Still, cute as the collection may be, her clothes are where it's at. She's the perfect designer to revive Madeleine Vionnet, too.











Lastly but not leastly, you're all fascinated by Eventide, and I am too. I can't wait to see what they come up with next, even if I won't be able to afford any of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home