Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Collaborate away, Nine West

So, it looks as though the next (desperate?) brand to jump on the Collaboration bandwagon is Nine West. This surprises me, because unlike Target, La Redoute, or H&M, they don't have a particularly strong image to try to upgrade. See, I've always looked at Nine West as a decent brand that doesn't quite get strengths and weaknesses--as in, their shoes are strong, and their clothes are weak. Frankly, I think that they should just get rid of the clothing line altogether, and focus on turning out more, and more, and even more shoes. I love the way that they can just crank out new shoe designs at a shockingly rapid pace and keep them relatively cheap, and always very stylish.

Because of that, I'm somewhat surprised that a collaboratoin is fiscally necessary (because it's almost always a financial move) for them to stay afloat. I like their design choices--you can already look at the shoes from their collaboration with Vivienne Westwood online, and Thakoon Panichgul and Sofia Kokosalaki are on the way. It's cool that they chose brands that you can't just get in upper-class department stores, but it's not cool that the prices are what you would expect to pay in an upper-class department store. Most designer collaborations have benefitted the collaborating brands by getting them media attention and getting them business, and the reason WHY they get business and media attention is that collaborating allows them to do what they couldn't necessarily do alone--either have a name-bransy line, OR, more importantly for those of us who are buying, sell clothing at price that's accessible to a wider audience. I understand that the Nine West collaborations are designers that haven't done shoes before, but there's really no specific benefit for the consumers--I mean, for $375 a pop (and, admittedly, sometimes more and sometimes less), these designers could sell a shoe line without Nine West!

I will admit, though, that I like what I've seen of the collection. The shoes look good--but that doesn't mean I'll buy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous sexy fancy dress costumes said...

Hi,

Thought i'd just spam your blog with my advertising campaign fancy dress accessories

7:43 PM  
Blogger CCC said...

I totally agree...I am not such a nine west fan myself..but I do like the collaboration clothes, It means that I might actually be able to buy thakoon...anyways...You have a great blog!
always
CCC

9:38 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Gwen!

3:17 AM  
Blogger unicycle said...

i realy like those shoes! you have a great blog, not just pictures and a sentence or two...like mine...lol

4:35 PM  
Anonymous dennis said...

nice flats

4:26 PM  
Blogger disa said...

h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home