Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm drooling

OooooOOOOooOOoooooohhh. I totally, totally, totally want this. Interestingly, there was a Stewart + Brown cashmere sweater that I was dying for last year because it was so gorgeous, but this one totally blows it out of the water. Everything about the style is so dead-on that it sort of takes my breath away. A grey cashmere sweater is in every way a basic and a neutral, but the details on this are so gorgeous and sophisticated that it's a total statement piece. The double buttons are a very elegant detail. The slouchy, strangely high neck that moves into the hood is perfectly drapey. The long sleeves are not only a godsend for those of us with long arms, they also lengthen anyone without long arms. The drawstring waist is a casual, sporty touch, and if you ask me, it's pretty unexpected, too. None of the details are particularly revolutionary or outstanding, it's just that the way they're combined is really, really unique. AND it was made by ecologically friendly herder/weavers in Mongolia. And it's sustainable. And I want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home