Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Still backing away from the backpack

I've noticed lately that I haven't posted a lot of entries with an environmental bent. Being that I posted a bag entry recently, I thougth I'd take a look at some eco-friendly bags too, since the construction of bags can be simple, and therefore bags can be cheaper than organic, eco-friendly clothing, which can run on the pricey side.

This bag is cute and colorful, and I bet it'd be pretty tough, too. The recycled material means that it's only $23.95.

You can NEVER go wrong with a trusty hemp Strand tote. I love love love mine, and they're quite inexpensive--the normal price is $6.95, though I think that the fancy patterned ones are $7.95. You can carry so totally much more than books in these, and they're so durable that you could carry and angry pitbull in it and it wouldn't rip. Ok, onto other bags, but seriously, Strand totes are great.

At the ever-reliable Green Loop (The Green Loop), there are a multitude of choices, but I think I like the one above best. It's $128, notably pricier than the others, but it's awfully stylish too.

Stylish Coco's Shoppe offers a smaller, but quite, quite fashionable selection. I'm a fan of this tote by Ananas. The price tag is steep at $231, but it's oh-so-cute, and oh-so-sustainable.

Ironically, since I'm trying to break free of backpacks, he most innovative thing I've seen is this backpack. I grant that it's not terribly fashion-forward, but it has solar panels that store energy, and then, in turn, it'll charge your iPod or computer! I mean, you can't go wrong with a black bag, especially when it's a sustainable power source for your electronic necessities. Maybe when I'm ready to re-accept the backpack, I'll go with this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home