Saturday, September 09, 2006

London bridge, London roads, London shoes

Wow. Well, I'm definitely in London. I say definitely because I've spent the last three full days running around trying to find an apartment, so I've seen quite a bit of London at this point. I think (cross your fingers for me!) I've found one, so hopefully I'll be able to take time to smell the shopping a little more now.

I haven't exactly been thinking about style much, seeing as the huge daunting task of finding an apartment has taken center stage, but I'm temporarily staying in Chelsea, so it's hard to miss the fashion. Even though I'm not really paying attention, the thing that strikes me most is that people are much more daring with their aesthetic here. Today, I saw a girl in an Hermes-esque scarf and raver pants. All the shoes and mini dresses that I'm seeing through the shop windows are making me salivate, too. The pictured shoe is from Faith and I lurrrve it.

Unfortunately, the same problem that I'm running into with apartment hunting presents itself with shopping, too--things are SOOOO expensive! I'll probably end up paying a good $700/mo. more than I would for a studio in New York City, and I always have to remind myself that if an adorable flat says 25, it's actually more like $50. Yikes. An amazing Topshop dress might not sound bad at 35, but when you consider that it's actually $70, you just can't help but reconsider. The pictured dress, from Dorothy Perkins, is 25, and I suppose that $50 wouldn't be unreasonable for it, but wouldn't it just be nicer if it was $25?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:36 AM  
Blogger le fashion said...

hi im new, about 2 weeks ago i created my own blog, it would be great if you could visit it and leave some comment or email me. i like your blog very much, and this shoes.
my blog is: www,europeanuniquefashion.blogspot.com
hear you soon!:)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

£25 for a dress, i'd say was a total bargain! welcome to the uk :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thanks! The longer I'm here, the less I'm shocked by the prices. Slowly but surely, I'm coming around :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home