Sunday, October 01, 2006

Project Runway like WHOA!

All I really can say about the last episode of Project Runway is "whoa." There was just so much to respond to--clothing, drama, conflict, Tim Gunn--what an amazing episode! It's left me a little conflicted, though. First of all. Uli's dress really was amazing. It made me crazy that they formatted the episode to make it look like she was getting Auf'd, because when they made episode 6 (I think it was six) make it look like Alison was going home, she actually did! Still, I thought it was awesome that Uli won, and I thought that the dress was awesome. Ages and ages ago, when I was in middle school, I really had a thing for Tribal looking and Eastern Indian prints and beadwork, and I swear, it was like Uli's dress called out to a part of me in the past. It was cool.

The rest of the episode was tricky. I'm not a huge Laura fan--I mean, all, quite seriously, ALL of her dresses look alike! Still, her work has been consistently good enough that it would have been strange to see her go home. I mean, even though she has yet to make anything without a high waist and a V-neck, she also has yet to really screw up (in my humble opinion).

I was also surprised that I liked Jeffrey's dress. I gotta say, I don't really like Jeffrey, but I disagreed with the judges. The dress was legitimately pretty and romantic, but it sort of stuck to Jeffrey's pieced-together-odds-n-ends aesthetic. So, despite the fact that I think Jeffrey is an ass, I think it would have been unfair for him to go home.

Michael was more of a problem. I just didn't think his dress was all that great. It was pretty and it was sexy, but that's all it was. The thing is, though, that since his work has been so consistently good in the past, it would have ruined the season if he had been sent home. I mean, Kayne was allowed several missteps before he finally got the boot. If Michael had left right before fashion week because of one pretty-yet-uninspired dress, it would have sucked.

Of course, I'm positively shocked by the ending. Now I'm more curious than ever to see the next episode, and hear how the scandal shapes up. No one should have had to go home. Anyone's departure would have been a disappointment. Of course, the format of the show is that someone goes home in every episode. It almost seems like a bit of a copout that no one will leave this time. Still, it would have been sad if anyone left. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Well, all I can say is that this had better not set a precedent for future seasons. ‘Cause, you know, that would get monotonous.

Like Laura.

So yeah. Project Runway. Whoa.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura's boring. She should have gotten Auf'd!

9:36 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

She's definitely a one-note. But I feel like she hits that one note well enough that I'm still interested in seeing what she could do with a collection.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home