Monday, February 05, 2007

As Four, as twenty-one

I know that my coverage of fashion week has been dismal, to say the least. Problem is, my workload has been dismal, to say the least (really, who assigns papers the first week back? What kind of sado-masochistic professors thought that would be acceptable? Honestly, it's like they think I'm HERE to study or something!). I had hoped to get down to the city this weekend to check out the sample sales (I mean, it's not like anyone's going to let me into the tents) and soak up a little of the atmosphere, but alas, the allure of Shakespearean playhouses confined me to the library. I have been looking at the coverage, and I've liked some of it, loved some of it, and been thoroughly disappointed by some of it too, but the biggest surprise of fashion week came in my hallway last night.

I ran into a friend of mine and expressed my displeasure of not having been able to get into the city for fashion week, and he kindly expressed his sympathy, and then, to my utmost surprise, told me to look at the footage from the As Four show, and that he had liked it quite a bit. Now, my friend T is an eclectic and individual dresser to say the least, but I had no idea that he was interested in women's wear. Moreover, I didn't know that our taste in women's wear would be similar.



As Four, or ThreeAsFour, has never really caught my attention before, but their twenty-one piece collection of flowy pants and dresses, mostly in silk charmeuse, is really quite nice. The draping is fluid, a bit amorphous, and looks simple, but it's still enough to catch an eye and hold some attention. I'd happily wear any of the first three dresses pictured, but the showstopper, rightfully presented at the end, and on Irina Lazareanu, might be beyond me:

I'm afraid I would close one of the many strips in my car door.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the one before the last one looks like a trashbag.

6:32 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I assume you mean the one in the middle, which is actually the one before the second-to-last one. And I think it's actually a rather shiny silk charmeuse, not plastic. But actually, the subversive thing is kind of what I like about it.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home