Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Christopher Kane, blah, blah, blah. . . ok, well, maybe he deserves some of the hype. . .

Christopher Kane for Topshop. Christopher Kane for Topshop. Christopher Kane for Topshop. Christopher Kane for Topshop.

Ok, now that we've talked about it, can we change the subject?

I was really excited to hear about Marios Schwab for Topshop, since I've loved all his shows and his Alaia-esque body-hugging collections. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed by the collection itself. Now that I'm back stateside, I could only look at it online, which I'm sure can't be the full collection, and probably doesn't do it justice. Still, judging by the Christopher Kane pieces that they put online, his collection is, ok, fine, I admit it. . . better. It just looks far more individual--you can see the designer in it, and at our crappy exchange rate, it's definitely more worth the price. I don't need to show you, since every other fashion blog has already done so (but if you haven't seen it, here you go). I only wish that there was more Marios Schwab worth showing. . . I mean, I'm sure that the whole collection is better than the few pieces they put online. Until they put up more (I hope), I'll be contented to show you this image:


and saying that I really wish I could see someone wear it. It's plain, but I bet it looks hot on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home