Thursday, March 08, 2007

You can't kill goth. . . it's a vampire

I never really identified with the gothy kids in school. Got along with them, sure, but nothing they ever did seemed like true, or at least effective, rebellion, so I found the whole thing a little self-conscious, even embarrassing. And I certainly never coveted their clothing.

Then, two years ago, goth became chic. Rather than being self-conscious or useless, the gothy moments of high fashion had the women who were previously traisping around with IT-bags in Chanel ballet flats now pursuing ripped lace tights to wear under grungy plaid dresses. The irony was great. The message was obvious. And best of all, it was something new.

It was new enough that I was disappointed by the return to pastels and ladylike skirts in this past fall. I mean, goth had glory, so what was it so disposable? I didn't get it. And that, my friends, is why I'm so grateful to Galliano:




Enough said.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger lauren rene, said...

Love everything. New blog URL . Again.

8:08 PM  
Blogger KYLERAYMONDFITZPATRICK said...

shit. goth is so sheek i think i'm black. within the past two months, i have shifted strangely to a wardrobe diet of black, mixed in with golds, browns, silvers, and some neon slices.

being goth rocks.

9:27 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I know what you'res saying--lately, I've been pairing my blacks with MUCH more agressive colors: dark purple, dark red, deep teal, etc., and I feel sexier than ever. Mmmm, goth.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

hmm interesting. where do you find all your pictures? i love the makeup on the last one by the way

3:44 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

There are a lot of places to find fashion show shots--nymag and style.com are great, so is gettyimages.com.

And isn't that drippy wet thing just crazy hot??

11:02 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

honest to god, it really is.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home