Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dior shoe: who knew?

I love vintage Dior, but I associate most new Dior with socialites and celebutantes. New Dior clothes and bags are usually splashy, glamourous,covered with the logo, glittery, loud, and reeking of money. It's not that there's not a place for that, it's just that it's not really my style. I'm more the designer-jeans-and-thrift-store-bag type. I appreciate Dior for it's impact on the fashion world, etc., etc., etc., but I don't really pay much attention to it myself. So imagine how surprised I was when I found this Dior shoe--it's not that it's not glamourous or posh, but it's sooo, sooo, sooo wearable. It's hot enough to wear with a cute top and a mini out to clubs or something, but it definitely passes the designer-jeans-and-thrift-store-bag test (by which I mean it'd work with them) too. Three stars for Dior for making something so lovely and wearable while still sticking to their aesthetic. Maybe I'll venture into new Dior sometime, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Principessa said...

Yeah, I've actually seen a lot of shoes in that sort of bone color lately, and I'm really liking it!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are really pretty, but the chloe ones here are my favorite: http://www.neimanmarcus.com:80/products/mp/NMX8709_mp.jpg">

laini xo

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home