Sunday, May 28, 2006

Don't desert me!

I apologize for the total lack of posting lately--the week has been, shall we say, busy. But fear not, I'm back now with my 150th post!! And, dear readers, I must say, it never would have been possible without you ('cause I would have felt bummed and unappreciated and just given up).

As a celebration of my 150th waste of internet space on clothing, style, and superficiality (and, ok, an attempt to lure bored readers back after my short hiatus), THIS post will be a super-post composed of mini-posts on various post-worthy topics that I've been neglecting while celebrating the graduation of many of my friends! And now, without further ado, the things that take space in my head!

Make-Up Forever lipstick: this stuff is not for the faint of heart. Make-Up Forever was a stage line, adored by dragqueens everywhere, but slowly, it's been creeping it's way into the mainstream. Their lipstick supposedly lasts a while but has a nice texture anyway, and for summer, they have three great colors: Watermelon, Fluorescent Orange, and Fluorescent Orange Pink. The names say it all.



Alice Ritter: Alice Ritter is a French designer living in New York and cranking out lovely things. Her clothing is girly but edgy, feminine but intellectual, and overall, really, really delightful. Of course, I can't afford it, but I'm watching her, and I can't wait for her collaboration with Target or H&M (I can dream). Right now, you can find her clothing at Barney's.



Sea bags: these tote bags are made of reused sails--yes, that's right, sails that come off sail boats. One might think that it's not the sexiest possible material to use for a necessary accessory (and therefore one of the most coveted and stigmatized ones), but these bags are positively fantastic. They're original. They're recycled. And, oh yeah, they look GREAT!



Topshop: Yes, I know that Topshop's the subject of a lot of idle (and not-so-idle) chatter right now, but it's because they're awesome. Not only is this London chain supposedly quite stylish to begin with, they too have been jumping on the designer collaboration bandwagon (and good for them for it). The best part, though, is that they don't pick designers that are either hardcore fashion mainstays (Karl Lagerfeld) or edgy fashion newsmakers (Luella Bartley)--they're original. They pick unexpected, interesting designers who do unexpected, interesting things. Most recently up is Celia Birtwell, who, as far as I can tell, hasn't designed in a while, so her dresses are like a vintage revival. I am so going to Opening Ceremony (Topshop's New York home) soon.

New York Magazine's Lookbook column: It's really cool. Just check it out for yourself.

Fred Flare's Next Big Thing: This is a pretty much completely independantly-run design contest that anyone can enter, and anyone could win. They people who enter (and, therefore, the people who win) aren't really fashion or design people often, so what you get from them is a totally unique perspective. It pretty much rocks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat readers? i mean u have like none. if u want to see readers check out wafflesandfashion.blogspot.com, spoonsforksandfashion.blogspot.com, and iamfashion.blogspot.com. Frankly i really don't understand why u have no comments u r awesome but i'll leaved u out of my time because currently i am devoted to the blogs ^^^^^ and i have other things to do. SORRY! But i will mention ur blog to my friends and i probably will desert u atleast until one of those blogs quits on me!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i'm a reader.
i love this blog.
*faithfull*

11:22 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Jess, thanks for the sweet response! Kate, I don't quite get what you're trying to say--you think I'm awesome, but you're going to stop reading because no one comments? The title of this post was me being facetious--I blog for fun in my freetime, and hopefully, people enjoy reading my blog. I'm really not desperate for readers (and, by the by, since I started tracking readers a little while ago, I've gotten close to a thousand).

I have seen two of the blogs you mentioned, and I'm actually on I Am Fashion's link list. They're both, especially I Am Fashion, great blogs, but they're both different, and my blog is different from them too. I'm not trying to compete. The fact that people don't comment often on my blog means nothing to me. If you want to read, you're always welcome and I hope you enjoy it; if not, no one's asking you to.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHICH 2 BLOGS DID U READ?

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home