Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Allure of French actresses

I just bought the latest Allure. I'm a little surprised at myself, since I usually try to avoid magazines that always have the same boring sex and home decorating tips and conservative dress tips, and fashion spreads that are just never extraordinary. All of this is the case because, of course, Allure is a beauty magazine, and while I won't deny that they do have fabulous beauty stuff, I just ilke clothes better. Plus, when I put on makeup in the morning (pre-coffee), I don't want to be intimidated by 30 potential eyeshadows and 12 potential blushes, which combine to make 360 different overall looks. This is also if I don't add mascara and eyeliner into the mix. Oy.

So why did I break down and buy Allure, a magazine that's mediocre in everything except the stuff I don't need? Two words: Audrey Tatou. I have no desire to see The Davinci Code, but I still think she's adorable, fascinating, and, oh yeah, TALENTED. So, I'm actually eagarly awaiting reading Allure. How weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tee said...

I have to say that I've just found your blog and I <3 it! Yay quirky fashion sense + ability to write about it :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thank you! I'm flattered :)

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home