Thursday, June 08, 2006

Even More Cheap Thrills

I try not to discriminate economically when it comes to fashion, but I won't lie--I have expensive tastes. Don't get me wrong, that won't stop me from from buying $20 ballet flats if they're cute, but it's just not accompanied by the same thrill as buying a silk charmeuse dress, or a Marc Jacobs top. There's one exception to the rule, however: jewelry. I have no idea why. I have a ring from Tiffany's that I never take off (no, it's not engagement--it's a silver band that looks like bamboo. I wear it on my index finger), some pearls, and some amythest studs, but other than the ring, none of them get nearly as much attention as my favorite $7 earrings. In fact, a lot of my favorite jewelry was under $10--I believe I already discussed my favorite bracelet, and another bracelet that I really like was $4 in the men's section of H&M. I love buying earrings from street vendors (in fact, I really regret passing up a pair with turquoise hearts in the grammercy area a couple days ago). Shops like Claire's and The Icing are some of the only things that can lure me into malls. A trip to Girlprops in Soho is as exhilarating as going to Saks. Why? I can't say. All I can say is that I'm going back to the Grammercy area tomorrow, and I do hope to see the same vendors. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger La Principessa said...

Hmm, sounds interesting. I wish I could see it! I'm a big fan of bracelets, too.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home