Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fashion week recap, a mere week after the fact

Betsey Johnson's shoes were sexy, but her dresses were shockingly, scandalously demure.

Alexander Wang married street style and sophisticated elegance seamlessly, though I'm not sure how (magic wand?).

Trovata got a lukewarm review, but had a perfectly wearable collection with more edge than the collections have had in the past. I liked it. I wish I was cool enough to wear this:

And I would love this coat (if I could afford it):

Derek Lam's show was another of my favorites. I loved the little nipped in dresses with pencil skirts--sexy, sexy, sexy--but this was one of my favorite dresses:

Marc Jacobs delievered, as we've all come to expect from Marc Jacobs. I thought his collection was really clean and fresh. I gotta say, though, for all the modest, 40's Parisian-esque shapes that he showed, my favorite pieces were the shiny little mini-dresses. I must be hopelessly stuck in this season:


Last year, I had my reservations about Doo.Ri, but now, it's safe to say that I have completely, totally, and 100% come around. I honestly liked the whole show, but my absolute favorites were the sort of floppy-looking jersey dresses in deep teal that she showed at the end. Everyone knows I love jersey, but I'm afraid I don't do it much justice by calling it 'floppy;' what I mean is that the dresses had some fantastic draped shapes, and deep teal is one of my favorite colors, as such:

Anna Sui was, as usual, pattern-tastic, with sweet shapes to boot. Honestly, her collection wasn't enough of a change from what she's done before for me, but it was still awfully cute. This dress was my favorite. I'd wear it to class and look ridiculously overdressed, and rock it anyway.

Proenza Schouler's multitude of coats didn't excite me much, but the fascinatingly draped dresses that came after it did. I loved the way that the fabric looked twisted and tied, and I love that I can buy the same silhouettes at Target. Rock on!

Temperley. Ooooh, Temperly. Perfect. Perfection. Parfait. Loved it. I loved it, loved it, loved it. Unfortunately, I can't afford it, afford it, afford it, but you can bet that the sublime palette of royal blue, black, grey, and some soft lilac will be one that will definitely appear in my wardrobe soon. It was probably my favorite collection.


Now, the same schedule that forced to me put this online a week after fashion week ended demands that I go to a fancy dinner that's going to cost as much as most of my pairs of jeans did. Eh. Well, sometimes you just need to act sophisticated, get pampered, and wind down with overpriced wine. And what will I be wearing to aforementioned snooty restaurant? Built by Wendy, Mint, and. . . Proenza Schouler! Well, Proenza Schouler for Target. But still.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger lauren rene, said...

I liked Lacoste's collection the best. How come you have no Lacoste, Thakoon, or Luella? We like them.

7:19 PM  
Blogger lauren rene, said...

And by the way, where is my link, dahling? Jk Jk....

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello... again. Still waiting for you to answer my question, what are you studying? I'm assumung it's fashion, but still, it could be anthropology for all I know.
- The Evil Kitten.
P.S- I didn't feel like signing in again.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

wow, the betsey johnson suprised me so much! thanks for sharing

9:02 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Always happy to share. . . I really liked her new style!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home