Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sipping Stylish II

Yes, I know that Sipping Stylish I was ages ago, but now that I'm back stateside and don't get to hit the bars as much, I have to devote a lot of thought to what I buy to drink. Granted, cocktails and drinks out are expensive, but if you don't like what you get, you're only committed to it for a glass. If you buy a bottle of wine that you don't like, well, that's a bit trickier (not that a bottle of wine ever lasts more than one night, but chances are, you'll have more than one glass). When you're buying larger stocks of booze, and you want the drinks to flow for longer than your cash, well, you have a tricky selection to make. On Friday, I had a perfectly palateable bottle of Pinot Noir that tasted like a good buy, considering its price, but Christ, did I have a cheap-tannins hangover the next morning. Ugggh.

More successful was the bottle of Ballatore Spumante that I got for last weekend. I know, I know fake champagnes are skanky, but it's not like I expected Veuve Cliquot quality for a California wine price. And frankly, given my expectations going into it, I wasn't disappointed. Now, you can't buy an $8 bottle of sparkling white wine and expect pear and honeysuckle notes, but you can expect a perfectly nice bellini if you toss in some fresh peach juice, and a nice clear head in the morning (if you don't overdo it, obviously).

And really, what more can a college student ask?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I ask what this has to do with fashion, or doy uo just have a drinking problem?
theevilkitten

7:22 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

It has less to do with fashion, and more to do with style. Good clothing is great, but it's only a small part of a stylish life!

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh uh. I apologize for my poor spelling, there.

11:07 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Typo demons happen to the best of us :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I just might have to try some of that with the old fake id...haha

10:09 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I promise that it's ten times better than Andre ;)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

nice

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home