Monday, March 12, 2007

WHY didn't I got to her outlet when I was in Paris??

I adore Sonia Rykiel. I usually try to start my entries with some sort of clever hook before I get to the point, but with Sonia Rykiel, there's no need. I have a vintage Sonia Rykiel top that's possibly my favorite top ever (next to my also dearly loved Built by Wendy tops), because it's slouchy-tastic and it just always looks stylish. I think that it's safe to say that any piece from the new Sonia Rykiel collection would do the job just as well.


I was going to try to find some vintage sweater dresses on eBay to offer a more wallet-friendly alternative to Sonia Rykiel's gorgeous knit dresses, but there's just no alternative. My advice to you would be to learn to knit. But, if you're dying to recreate Sonia Rykiel with a little less cash, the color chartreuse (usually so ugly. . .) was also a prominent feature of the collection. Again, I love it, especially in typically luxe charmeuse, and especially with amazing teal patent heels. But, the easiest, safest, and undoubtedly cheapest way to recreate the look to pair your LBD with a pair of chartreuse tights. I usually wear deep teal or blood-red tights when I want to look a bit edgy, but this might just be my new color of choice:

Lovely as always. I adore Sonia Rykiel.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

i always look at pictures first. when i saw that sweater dress, i almost drooled.

9:13 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I know, isn't it fantastic?

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliment. I hate to brag, but that's what everyone says. It's rather funny. How do you handle my issue maturely, though> I feel like screaming. I have all these comebacks that I am dying to use.

2:44 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Sorry if this is a let-down, but I think that you're doing just about everything right. Slinging too many comebacks will just add fuel to the fire, and frankly, I think that the fact that you're being mature about everything that's happening on your blog is going to make the other kids angrier than insulting them would. Just keep being honest, don't let it get to you, and don't really give them the time of day, either. I mean, c'mon. Do they really have nothing better to do than leave mean comments on your blog? LAME!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please Help
Trying to remember the location of the Sonia Rykiel outlet in Paris - I have been there - but now can't remember the address.
JTJ

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home