Friday, May 25, 2007

I need several lucky pennies...

To say that this has not been a lucky week for me would be the understatement of the year. I finally finished writing my heinous French paper (bringing my grand total of pages written in final papers to a whopping 86) and. . . promptly got a nasty case of tonsilitis, complete with such sore muscles that I didn't want to move and a fever to boot. After three days of misery, I finally admitted to myself that I must be sick, and hauled my ass to the campus health center, where I waited and waited and waited to be prescribed some antibiotics, and dragged myself home.

While I was reading, watching movies, and whimpering about how much my throat hurt to anyone who would listen, the boy in my life was completing his finals and preparing to go home. So, for his last week here, I was pretty much too sore to move, and too bacterial to make out with. Fun.

Then, since I was taking eight-hour naps while I should have been rehearsing, I had to pull out of the show I was in, which was disappointing. The antibiotics worked within a few days, but I had to keep taking them (only just finished, in fact), rendering senior week just about useless. Explanation: the purpose of senior week is to hang out and party with your friends who won't be around for too much longer (graduation is Sunday, and I would say that just under half of my beloveds are graduating--I'm going to need some waterproof mascara). It is not wise to drink while you're taking antibiotics. Not only have I been hanging around my friends and watching them get increasingly drunk at parties, I've also been eyeing my own liquor cabinet with resentment--I have most of a bottle of gin, and unopened bottles of shiraz, vinho verde, and pink champagne. It has not been consumed. To try to consume it all between tonight and tomorrow would not only be stupid, it would also probably kill me. Unfortunately, it kills me to see them go to waste.

So, to reiterate: not my week. So, what would make my week? This dress!

It's lovely, summery, and best of all, organic and sustainably made, and therefore, completely guilt free! Unlike, say, consuming three bottles of wine in one night.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. And yes, I DO have a BF.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Tru said...

sorry you ahd a bad wekk but we all have them...mine was okay though I was given a headache almost everyday by the ppl who surrond me

7:00 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

very relatable post. and ugh, I hate being sick in the summer. It sucks to see friends drinking and having a laugh when you have to abstain frm All Things Fun.

10:59 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Aw, thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. It's so good to be healthy again!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the flu as well last week, just awful. Something is going around the blogosphere. Love the dress, hope you are feeling better.

8:43 AM  
Blogger -ciao bella- said...

sorry for the horrid week.. mine hasn't been going that great either since i've had exams every single day but whatever.

4:31 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Flus AND exams suck. Fortunately, I believe I'm done with both. Best wishes to everyone else!

5:07 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Love that dress!!!
Sorry you had such a bad week. Hope you feel better soon!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous ash said...

Such a cute dress!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home