Sunday, February 25, 2007

Thrift Score Challenge

Every time that I read Bits and Bobbins, I'm inspired by the amazing items that its blogger, Tricia, thrifts and recreates. Don't get me wrong, retail is wonderful, but there's something to be said for buying something that no one else has and giving it a new life, not to mention the environmental benefit of buying preloved clothing--not only is it recycling, but it also discourages, to some small extent, new clothing production. So, I've been reflecting on my own fabulous thrift store finds, and wondering, what the best thing you've thrifted? If you haven't yet ventured into the wonderful world of vintage, can you challenge yourself to find something fantastic? If you care to share, email a jpeg photo of the item, or even better, of you wearing it (you don't have to include your face in the picture if you don't want), to principessadeipazzi@hotmail.com, and let me know how you style it, how much you scored it for, and any other stories that may be attached to it. Sometime in the next two or three weeks, I'll post everyone's shots and stories (with a link to your blog if you're a blogger, of course) along with my own, and we can all admire each other's fabulous bargains. Sound good? Good!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger KYLERAYMONDFITZPATRICK said...

oh, i have TOO many to name. i can e-mail some if you like, or you could just rip them from my page...

i see thrifting as ideal for the poor, clothing concious college student. plus, it is a fun and only suitable way to hunt for sport.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

i love this idea! We can send as many as we want or is there a limit?

6:18 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

You're totally welcome to send me two or three items, but if I get too many submissions, I may have to edit... or, better yet, I may have to have a round two! So send away :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger themoldydoily said...

of course I'll contribute-- my best stuff is thrifted! XOXO

10:07 PM  
Blogger lauren rene, said...

Visit blog now.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home