Saturday, February 24, 2007

Tom's shoes

You've probably heard about Toms. You've probably read about Toms. You've probably seen Toms in every fashion magazine and blog that you've checked out this month. But, just in case some of you haven't, I'm going to fill you in anyway. Toms are very simple shoes that come in awesome colors and patterns and, as far as I can tell, look good with just about anything.

But you can tell all this from the pictures. What you might not be able to tell is that for every pair you buy, the creator donates a pair to a child in need. No strings attached. This isn't one of those "charity" shopping events where the retailer is the really benefitted party. This isn't one of those BUY TO SUPPORT AN IMPORTANT CAUSE deals where it say in the fine print that 3% of proceeds from one particular item will go to some charity. This is a really, honestly good deal, where someone else benefits from the purchase as much as the purchaser does.

So go buy some! I like the stripes, myself.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

wow, ill buy one just for that

5:00 PM  
Blogger DROVER said...

Ooh, those ones with stripes are cute!

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like those! I bought a (RED) shirt a while back, so now I have to get these!
evil

8:26 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

The social advocacy is totally the best part of these shoes, but they're damn stylish as well, I think :) I'm buying myself a pink pair next time I'm in NYC!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the support, a friend just emailed me your blog.
carpe diem,
Blake
Chief Shoe Giver

9:09 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

No problem, Blake--thanks for creating such an awesome program!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

how wonderful. i need to get myself one of these. thanks for posting because i am one of the pathetic ones in the group that HADN'T heard of them yet!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home