Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let the consumerism begin!

I finally found a way to post pictures again (the trick, apparently, is not to use Safari)! So, because I haven't been able to post for a few days, this post is from Tuesday. I'm a bit backlogged, but I'll catch up as soon as I don't have a headache. Enjoy!


Since I'm trying to buy clothing more strategically (in an attempt to buy less overall, and therefore be at least a bit greener), I decided to start my shopping with skincare products, since there are some things that I actually need. I no longer really use a spot treatment for zits since I don't break out so much and those things overdry my skin, but my skin is far from perfect, so I need something else. Plus, in my old age (21 to be precise), I'm thinking that I should start considering wrinkle products. Ok, not really, but I do want to start thinking about having healthy-looking skin in the long-term. I'm not going to jump the gun with too many alpha and beta acids, retinoids, etc., but it never hurt anyone to use some antioxidants and products that keep your collagen in good shape. I found the perfect solution to my issues at Whole Foods. I've always liked plant-derived products, because they don't irritate my irritatingly sensitive skin, and Jason is an awesome brand. I've had my eye on their Red line for ages, and when I saw their mask--which has kaolin clay for purifying, antioxidants for skin protection, and peptides to support collagen production, largely plant based--it was a match made in heaven.



I've also wanted a new scent--I usually wear Burberry Brit, but it's just a little formal sometimes. I wanted something simpler and more casual, so I bought a little bottle of pure musk oil. It has a hell of a lot of staying power, smells divine, and I love it. Thanks, Whole Foods!

Next, it was on to the conventional. I bought my favorite sunscreen, because the sun has been making more appearances, and I think it's time to start wearing it under my makeup every day. Yes, I know, you should wear it every day, even in the winter, you can always get sun damage, But it's damn expensive sunscreen to put on every day ($11/3 oz. Ouch!), so I try only to use it when it's most important.

I also got a neutrogena lip balm that I've used before, but I like it, because it actually does moisturize (most things with any pigment dry out my lips--I have hypersensitive skin), but the slight honey tint means that it's a really warm, flattering color on your face.

Lastly, my nails are breaking again (argh!), so I got an Essie nail polish in Waltz. I was torn between Waltz and Marshmellow, but something eventually made me go with Waltz. I'm not sure what it was, though.

Stay tuned for round II!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

that musk scent sounds divine. whole foods you said? interesting...

8:26 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

It's really incredibly lovely, I've found it's a very comforting scenet. Whole foods had a really nice selection of essential oils, but if you're near somewhere local (like, a natural foods store), I would recommend going there--it's probably cheaper!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Clinique. Try one of the Happy scents, or get their antioxidant creme. It's reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly nice.
And, when your only 13, 21 does seem old. No offense. jk.
Whole foods? We don't have that here in my province.... darn. Perhaps you might do a Macy's and designer special before the 25th? (preferably Lacoste)I'm going to Hawai'i. Thanks. I bought a bunch of magazines, too.

12:51 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Macys, hmm? Well, I don't shop there much, but I can definitely give it a try. Keep an eye out for it in the next few days.

8:21 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

And one more thing--21 is not old! Trust me, you'll realize when you get there that 21 is when you have all the rights of adulthood, but still want to behave like a child. Plus, you've probably already gotten over your sophistication jag, so you do act like a child (albeit one who drinks too much).

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home