Friday, March 23, 2007

Opinions, please!

Time for a discussion. Gather 'round, children! So, I'm wondering if I should get a stylediary or not. I like my anonymity, so I've never wanted one before, but I sort of like the idea of having a catalog of outfits that I enjoy available to me. Of course, that means that it's available to everyone else. That just seems sort of self-conscious and self-important. Then again, it's kind of neat to see all your outfits laid out alongside each other; that way, you can look at what you like in some outfits and dislike in others, and y'know, isolate certain factors that influence you one way or another (someone has taken far too many science classes. Even fashion is empirical in my mind). Another interesting point of debate is that I think I'm gonna join the Wardrobe_Remix Flickr group--I love looking at what people come up with and supplying feedback, and I want in! I'm not entirely sure what the difference between Stylediary and Wardrobe_Remix is, but I'm significantly less opposed to one than the other. So, darling readers, what do you think?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i'd go for it, but what if your computer crashed? Perhaps a journal, you could use a sketchbook, and keep it handy at all times. Paste pictures, captions, magazine cutouts, and whatever inspires you. That's why I bought me a book last night.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I got bangs today. I'll try to have a pisture ASAP.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

i was actualy thinking of joing the wardrobe_remixers as well. i think its a great idea. you get feedback and you see so many outfit ideas! go for it!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WR creator here...

at a quick glance, style diary and WR are similar in some ways, sharing and recording outfits.

generally, style diary has more anonymous photos and the quality of photos tends to be a little grainier. WR and it's relationship to flickr, i think, has gotten a lot of people who love photography and art involved, which makes for some nice photography in general, some even looking rather professional, and artistic...which i think sets it apart from some other similar communities. it was my intention for it to be like that from the beginning and generally it has remained that way an has remained special.

i like to think WR has more of a d.i.y., irreverent, experimental bent...though diversity and different folks, whatever their personal style are more than welcome to participate.

a lot of people love style diary...so if it works for you and you like the community it provides, and the anonymity, it can be a great place. frankly, i don't really use it, so i can't speak to it personally or speak to it's pros or cons.

7:52 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thanks, everyone, for opinions. I am definitely joining Wardrobe_Remix, because I like the way that it mixes you up with everyone else. I still dunno about stylediary, though.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have never heard of wardrobe remix but i'll check it out soon. I actually have an account on stylediary. I'm not a stylish person and i barely have time or perhaps i'm too lazy to charge my batteries for my digital camera so i only have 2 pictures on there. But anyway, many people cut out their face so it's not like others will know who you are. I opened an account that way years down the line i could be like " ah this is how i dressed in my 20s, and then 30s etc"

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home