Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Macy's Day (minus the parade)

So, I've had a request for a Macy's special from The Evil Kitten, and while I'm not much of a department store shopper, I'm never one to turn down a challenge!

I must reiterate, though, I'm not a big mall/department store shopper. I'm more of a downtown girl. Still, I used to shop in department stores (think middle school), and a good friend of mine and I once killed a lot of time before a show at the 34th St. Macy's, so I think I can do this. I only have the website to go by, not knowing what's available in Canadian Macys', but some thorough searching has turned up a small but very nice crop.

I started in the junior's section, because it's cheaper and it plays to trends. I wasn't really knocked out by anything, unfortunately. Some cheap clothing is fabulous (H&M, anyone?), but sometimes it looks exactly that: cheap. Still, there were a few cute, useful pieces that didn't look cheap (either that, or they weren't cheap), and here they are:

This blouse is cute, it's a modern shape, and I like the color and the detailing. Find it here.

This kimono sweater is cute, too. It's unextraordinary, but the bold color and cool shape would makes it the type of piece that you can just toss on over a tank top and still look cute.

Everyone can use a denim pencil skirt. I got the Proenza Schouler for Target one (love!), but this one is cute, too.

I didn't manage to find a dress I liked in the junior's section, but this one (in the misses section) is adorable. I love it. I want it. In fact, I might have to head down to Macy's on 34th again. . .

Evil, I hope that helped!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It helped, alright. Thank you SOOOOO much! And you can call me Lauren if you like, seeing as it's my cat that's the evil one.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And actually, here in my part of the country, there are no Macy's. The Bay was bought out, but I can't remember by whom.

5:19 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

No problem, I'm always happy to lend a fashionable hand :) I hope you have a total blast in Hawai'i!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. i will. Post many pictures when i get back.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home