Saturday, March 17, 2007

Armwarmers galore

I like armwarmers. I have two pairs, and while I can't wait for spring, I must admit, I'll be sorry to bid my armwarmers goodbye. I have a grey pair and a green pair, and it's a good combo--one pair is neutral, the other pair, not so much. Still, I recently saw a streetstyle shot from London (once again--Oooh, how I miss thee!) of a girl who had a pair of purple fairisle--fairisle!--armwarmers peeking out from her jacket. It wasn't precious, it was punk. Sort of. It was cute, it was fresh, and it was quite desireable. I bought both of my pairs of armwarmers while I was in London, so I don't know where to go here in the US to get a pair--save, of course, Etsy!

If you're not familiar with Etsy--get familiar. It's a place where crafters can sell their wares on their own. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's great because you're not just feeding money to corporate America. I had a hunch that some Etsy seller somewhere would be making armwarmers, but little did I know that I would be presented with the best selection ever! There were desireable pairs on the first page, but it just got better and better as I went.

I mean, it's hard to go wrong with stripes. Then again, the crocheted pair is surprisingly badass for a craft that's normallly so precious. And the grungy green is surpsingly appealing. Still, my heart going to the pair that reflects it: the adorable pair of heart-print "gauntlets," made my a seller who makes tons of other scrumptious pairs as well. So, go to Etsy, search for armwarmer, and if you're so inclined, shop without guilt!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

I like the moss coloured ones. But, I'd try my best not to wear them in a way that made me look like a tree hugger, granola eater, birkenstock wearer.

4:50 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I like the green ones too--I think I'd want to make them look slightly grungy if I wore them. They're all so tempting. . . .

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home