Friday, March 23, 2007

Polar Opposites

I'm really liking my new "Things I Want" category. It's a lovely excuse to be indulgent. This installment consists of two items that couldn't possibly be more different and more desirable. These jeans are the perfect faded wide-legs. They're nice and easy, but the simple look and wide seams make them kind of elegant as well:

This dress is just divine. I love Nina Ricci. I love Oliver Theyskens. I love it.

The problem? I can't have the jeans because they have a 31" inseam (as in, three inches too short). I can't have the dress because it's $1,800 (on sale!). Someone may need to go thrifting today. . .

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress is very fifties. I think you should find something like it pretty easily.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

oh the joy of thrifting. i would love to go thrifting in nyc sometime

11:02 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

The dress IS very fifties, you're right, but it's really the colors that get me. The silhouette is a bit conservative for my normal tastes, but something about the grey, yellow, and cream--wow.

And thrifting in NYC can actually be pretty picked over. Fun still, but often bizarre, isolated midwestern towns are the absolute best!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in an isoleated midwestern town, unless it's a certain week in the middle of July....

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home