Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Half the search concluded, half ongoing!

So, I've been looking for a shampoo and conditioner that are a little more eco-friendly: phosphates, pthlalates, and parabens aren't really things that belong in the water supply, or, for that matter, in or on peoples' bodies (use Google if you're interested as to why; I have to get to class in less than an hour, so I can't really give you a run-down). So, my criteria for my new shampoo and conditioner is that they be:

-biodegradable
-non-toxic
-not tested on animals
-decently healthy
-effective (duh)

The shampoo search is ongoing, but I'm pretty sure I've found the conditioner of my dreams: Desert Essence Organics Italian Red Grape Conditioner. See, I like it so much that I even bothered to fully type out the seven words that make its title! It's light and it rinses out well, but it still makes my hair easy to brush through. Plus, it smells like grape juice! Bliss.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaay, you're back!

Have you tried Lush for the shampoo (www.lush.com)? I love their American Dream conditioner, and Big is my fav shampoo. Smells divine, I'm not sure if they're biodegradable, though.

3:40 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Thanks for the comment, Kath! I actually haven't tried Lush shampoos, but they are a very eco-friendly company, and they don't do animal testing, either. Maybe I'll try Lush next!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I need to check out Trader Joe's aisles for something like this. I'd just been using Aussie up to now.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Tru said...

that sounds amazing. I must must try it

10:55 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

This stuff sounds great! And probably smells awesome. I love me some grape juice.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bergdorf Girl said...

Shikai is very good....it works, smells nice and isn't terribly expensive (high-end product wise or health food store price wise). www.shikai.com, you can get it at fairway, whole foods, any health food store etc....
xo,
BG

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yum! where did you find it? Whole foods, perhaps?

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home