Sunday, February 12, 2006

I hate to use a tired, pun, but. . . ugg-ly!

Ok.

I'm all for a live-and-let-live philosophy, but I can stay quiet on this no longer. I really am sorry to have to bring it up, but something must be said...

UGGS.

Ugh!!! I think that the fashion world (and pretty much everyone else) has agreed that Ugg boots are over and have been for a while. Yet nonetheless, people sell them. People buy them. And, in the most shocking turn of events yet, People WEAR them! Why? WHY?

I know that amists all the clean lines of suits and other fashionable minimalism in 2003, Uggs looked, if not good, then at least different. And I'm not knocking 2003--plenty of things from 2003, like the mini skirts and the embroidered dresses, are still perfectly wearable. Uggs, however, are not. Now that every foot on the planet has effectively been covered in their chunky-suede-and-fleece look, not only are they no longer different, they're tired, and yes, ok, I'm going to say it, they're ugly.

I mean, granted, boots should keep your feet warm and dry, but you don't have to look like a muppet from the knee down in order to do it.

Alright, so do we agree? No more uggs, ever again? Good. I'm glad we had this chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home