Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Loyale environmentalist

Those of you who read Elle already know this, but for those of you who don't, I'm going to pass on the good news. I (and by I, I mean Elle) have discovered another eco-designer! Now, I imagine that you all already know that green fashion interests me, since I love loomstate, and care about clothing with a conscience, so I hope you guys will also be happy to know that FIT graduate (maybe--Elle is unclear about whether or not she graduated--one way or another, she was there) Jenny Hwa is expanding her green line, Loyale, into ready-to-wear (it was previously just yoga wear). She uses sustainable materials (think organics, bamboo modal, etc.), and only produces clothing at fair-wage factories within the country. Basically, she is the ultimately conscientious businessperson.

Oh, and her clothes are pretty stylish, too. She makes soft, drapy, simple, feminine pieces that look as comfy as their are trendy. Apparently, her stuff is available at Calypso, but I'm not near a Calypso, so I'm going to have to track her down online somewhere. I'm up for the challenge.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home