Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pass the gun

It's official. I'm pretty sick, I'm leaving Paris as soon as I'm stable to fly, and the perfect summer that I've been planning since last summer is not going to happen. Along with that, a lot of good blogging is not going to get done. I have been here for two weeks now (much, MUCH less than originally planned), and of course I've absorbed some French fashion, so I'll still probably blog and podcast about it, but to tell you the truth, I'm pretty damn depressed. I dunno how present I'll be in the future, first off because I'll always either be resting or having blood tests, and second off because I just don't want to go home. I want to be here, and I'm pretty miserable about the fact that I can't be. Sorry. I know that's not the light, fluffy kind of thing one expects from a fashion blog. I just need to explain why the blogging's just probably not going to be as present in the future. I'm not even going back to New York City. I'm going back to the midwest, back to my parents, back to a place where there's someone to take care of me while I make everyone miserable because I had to leave Paris. Fashion doesn't even exist in the midwest the way it does in Paris. You can say "Lanvin" or "Loomstate Jeans" to people there without a basic flutter of recognition moving across their face.

So, my summer's ruined. If I blog in the future, I'll be more cheerful, I promise. Do check back for updates, because as soon as it doesn't make me want to strangle myself, I will write and podcast about Paris. This is just a heads-up, because it might be awhile before then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home