Monday, October 23, 2006

Strange Country

Apparently, you can’t sell a magazine in the UK without including something free as well. I bought Elle UK today, and got a pink tank top as well. I should have gotten the magazine that came with the free umbrella, though.

It’s kind of crazy, because the magazines come in plastic bags when there’s something included, and you can’t actually flip through the magazine itself. It makes me think that the free crap included is a bigger deciding factor for people than the magazine itself.

That said, there were some teeny-bopperish magazines that actually had some nice-looking lipgloss included. I must be thinking like an English person now, because I actually might stoop to buying Cosmo girl for the included lipgloss!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, five years ago i lived for those lipglosses. don't be fooled, they're terrible.

9:14 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Oooh, thanks for the warning. I won't waste my money. I have no interest in actually reading CosmoGirl, anyway.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Bobble Bee said...

How an interesting information!
i didn't know about this thing. I remember when i used to go to London wondering why all the mags were giving something for free... now i know they "must"! How weird... but yeah, it's a bummer that fact stops you from flipping through the mag before buying it, mostly when it's some new magazine and you don't want to spend your money without knowing in what.
Congrats for the blog!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home