Sunday, October 08, 2006

Third grade beauty moment

I believe I was eight or nine years old when I was first seized with the overwhelming desire for a Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lip smacker. It was red. It was shiny. It tasted like the cola that I loved, but was forbidden to have. It was a match made in heaven. After much whining and wheeldling, my mom agreed to buy it for me. I was thrilled.

Now, more than a decade later, the desire has yet to go away. It's still red and shiny. The taste and scent are actually less strong and offensive than a lot of lip products made for adults (or at least teens). It leaves a subtle warm pink flush that not only (slightly) moisturizes your lips, but also looks perfectly "Why no, I'm not wearing makeup, my lips are naturally pink and soft, thank you." It's so low-maintenance that you could apply it in the dark with one hand tied behind your back. It doesn't hurt that it calls to mind memories of watching The Smurfs and playing with stuffed animals, either.

I brought two of them with me here to London, just in case they're easier to find stateside.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i love you.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, I just went back to pre-teen my days. Great Post. I so wanted to be smurfette.

6:43 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Haha! She was so hot!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home