Friday, April 27, 2007

Crunch time

Crunch time as in, that "crunch" sound you just heard was my spine breaking under the weight of all my final papers. 17 pages of French essay. 35 page screenplay. 35-60 pages (which is like, the length of a thesis, not a final paper) of final essay for Shakespeare (my second Shakespeare class--clearly not a beginning level one), and then I have dance classes and my independant study to think of. And then, of course, I have other obligations:

1. I owe my friends a party
2. I have to put together a performance for a cabaret show
3. I need to prep for my apprenticeship this summer.

Then there are the constants:

1. I need to work out
2. I need to run errands
3. I need to walk my iPod (ie, procrastinate).

This all is going to have one of two effects on me: I'll either stop blogging completely over the next few weeks (or close to it--I have a few entries saved up that I could post, and I'm sure I'll find little things to post on, too), or I'm going to so desperately need to write about things that AREN'T the universal qualities of vengeance as it relates to legal and illegal forms of revenge in pre-revolutionary France, or my screenplay (I'm so tired of my protagonists--Leah and Jack, go find someone else to bother! And will you just cut to the chase and fuck already? Don't make me crank out more pages of sexually tense, cutting-albeit-witty arguments. . . please?), or what the Scottish play may have looked like as it was originally staged at the Globe theatre that I'll blog every time I need a break, and I'll start churning out ten times more entries than usual. Which of the two will happen remains unforeseen. But anyhow, if you don't see me around for a little while, I'm not dead. Quite.

Off to the library. Shakespeare calls.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tru said...

so sad to see you go when I jsut found your blog...would you like to trade links?? your blog is lovely and I feel your pain....I'm just getting out of being crushed by work and moving into funner times

6:20 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I'm sure I'll still find some time to post--I'll just be less verbose than usual (after all, I have to procrastinate). So please do check back! If you're still going to be updating regularly, though, I would love to trade links :)

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this idea that Leah and Jack are going out and being clean teens? Even though they're not teens?

9:46 AM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Hahaha! I forgot that I even wrote that until I saw your comment.

It is a story about adults-- and actually, there's not even any sex in it, just sexually tense dialogue in an attempt to add to the depth of the relationship between my protagonists (who are actually each other antagonists as well). It's a story about adapting, not a story about sex, and I only even wrote that to be facetious.

'Cause, you know, everyone like a bit of a tease.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Arsheen said...

wow heavy workload! know what you're goin through though!!

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home