Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If only I had plenty of cocktail parties

I love that Tracey Reese is doing a new line of cocktail dresses. The line, which is cutely named Plenty Frock, is young and affordable, with a lot of variety. Two sentences in and this is already sounding like a magazine article, so I'm just going to forget on ahead to pictures.

I love this little pink wisp of a thing. If I had it, I would drink Gimlets and gin & tonic all night in an attempt to feel as much like a flapper as I looked.

This dress, however, is probably my favorite. I love how it's frilly and lacy and feminine, but the cut and the fact that it's not overloaded with details make it clean and contemporary.

I couldn't find a picture, but if I ever find her new little black mini dress with the balloon sleeves, it will become my new LBD. So, I guess it's good for my bank account that Plenty Frock hasn't hit stores yet.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god they're prceious!!! all i want to wear are dresses!

10:02 AM  
Blogger M said...

Oh, yes, I saw these on elle.com and that one is definitely my favorite too! I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday and looked through some of your previous posts. I think you do a great job. I'll be sure to check in every day now.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

i love that second dress! probably too pricey for me but I can still look! have I ever told you that I loooove this blog? =)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the second dress as well! Instead of gin and tonic, I'd have a peach bellini. Don't even ask how I am obsessed with those things at thirteen. I love dresses way more than pants- i have to school weeks' worth!

3:01 PM  
Blogger S. said...

Every morning dress for a cocktail party, garden party or some such event. Be lovely.

It's gotten to the point that my friends gasp and make a big deal of it when I wear jeans.

5:33 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Merideth - thanks! I'm flattered :)

Brittany - I know the feeling well. I'm totally getting a job soon.

Lauren - Bellinis are awesome.

S - that's a fabulous philosophy!

I love you ALL!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS a fabulous philosophy. Dresses are the world's most useful invention. Maybe we should all go back to 18th century France.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dresses are gorgeous. You have inspired me to a) buy one and b) have a 1920's Great Gatsby style cocktail party.

4:02 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Now that's a compliment :) I'm going to a cocktail party on Saturday (ironically thrown by a dear friend who doesn't even know I have a blog), and I'm going to come to your cocktail party (in spirit) too!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are beautiful dresses! i personally know what you mean by if only... dang... you could make some cocktail parties up? wedding crash? stand outside the opera? i personally have a ton of cocktail dresses... maybe i should take my own advice.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home