Saturday, June 17, 2006

I could really use some advice. . .

Well, the tables are turned, faithful readers. I usually dole out unsolicited fashion advice without much thought, but tonight, I look to you for a word of advice. You see, I went to a Goodwill tonight to see if there was any jewelry I could destroy, and I couldn't help but root through the clothing, too. I always like to search for vintage at thrift stores, because it's about 300% cheaper, but today I felt like an Atkins addict in a candy shop. See, I'm back in the midwest for a couple days, and I had forgotten how much less picked over the vintage is here--had I had $100 on me, I could practically have opened a vintage shop with what I found today.

Of course I couldn't resist some dresses and shoes for myself (pictures to follow) but the vast selection, a lot of which wouldn't fit me anyway, got me thinking. I love to buy vintage on eBay, because you can search for exactly what you want, and often, get quite a deal, but I feel like there's a lot of thrift store junk on eBay that people find at garage sales or whatever and call "vintage" for a profit. Now, I could put real vintage eBay, most of it would be in pristine condition, and I wouldn't have to charge a whole hell of a lot for it, either. So my question is... in August (ie, when I have a little more time), should I try my hand at vending vintage? I hand the question to you. . .


Should La Principessa sell some choice vintage on eBay?
Yes! The more the merrier. More selection is always better!
No! Too many people try to sell crappy vintage on eBay already.
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, no you should not sell it on ebay. You should give it to me, because I am going to eventually start a museum of vintage fashion, started with the collection from a costume shop that we are both familiar with... ;)

10:56 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

Hahaha, oh, so evil. Well, see, the problem is, I'm broke. Of course, if I have to come home from Paris (BOO!), that'll help, but still, I could use the extra cash. Let me know when you start the museum, then we'll talk :)

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home