Sunday, July 16, 2006

Decision making has never been my forte.

Even though vintage pumps are my favorite way to wear heels, I've decided to cave to the platform trend, because I can always use some extra height (inches are power). Since I'll probably wear my vintage heels a lot more than whatever platforms I choose, though, I think I'm gonna go the cheap (ie, Target) route, but apparently, that's not going to eliminate the choice as much as I thought it would. Target is selling two pairs of practically identical platform pumps, one under their Isaac Mizrahi line, the other under their less-exciting Mossimo line. Don't get me wrong, I think that stratifying amongst their designers is a brilliant sales strategy--when choosing between trendy shoes for $23 or trendy shoes that have slightly more design prestige for $30, most people would fork out the extra $7, because, hey, it's only $7. The thing that I don't get about this, though, is that they really are just about identical. Let's a have a looksee, shall we? Mossimo pair:

Fashionable rounded toe, leather covered platform, high enough to be a statement, low enough to be walkable, solid, comfy heel--no complaints here.

Isaac Mizrahi pair:

Pointier toe, conical heel, faux-stacked look on the heel and platform--overall, the details are a little more fashion-y. There's certainly nothing wrong with it, but interestingly, I don't think it's as aesthetically pleasing as the cheaper pair. I mean, both pairs are high enough that I don't really think you have to worry about the pointy toe making your leg look longer than the slightly rounded one. The conical heel is a little sexier, and yes, more fashion-y, but I actually think that the leather-covered platform is much nicer than the faux-stacked one. It's just a smoother picture.

Still, the fact remains that they're practically the exact same. I'm, admittedly, a label-whore, but even I'm not so silly as to go for the more expensive pair for practically nonexistent differences. Hey, it coud $7 toward a $700 dress (though in my case, it isn't). Huh, I guess that decision was easier than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home