Sunday, July 09, 2006

I guess there's always a way to be a cock-eyed optimist

I said I wouldn't blog while I was miserably depressed, and that'll still probably largely hold true, but I have found one slight silver lining. As much as it sucks to be in Paris during the shows and the beautiful summer and then to be brutally kicked out to the pointless midwest (apologies to all midwesterners--I obviously have a huge bias right now), I have to admit, the one way that I can be realistic about it is that I know that, even if I could stay, I'd still be miles and miles away from the shows (conceptually, not spatially). Of course, everything on France is on sale right now, and having to leave during that is painful. Still, I got a wonderful sundress that fits me perfectly on the second day of the sales, and it's getting harder and harder to find wearable things. I had another big letdown yesterday (on top of the illness that has determined my fate) because the perfect pair of Repetto periwinkle ballet flats was on sale for 45 E--in a size 6 and a size 11. At least I got my Tara Jarmon sundress. At least I wouldn't get into the shows anyway. At least all the sales that are left are slowly turning into the rejects and the sizes no one wears.

Man, when I get home and started getting bored out of my mind, I'm gonna sound soooo different. No more optimist then. Oh, the shot is Jean Paul Gaultier. I think it's lovely, with all the drama and indulgence that can be expected from Gaultier. Not sure how I feel about the hair tophats, though. I haven't figured out yet what they're trying to imply.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home