Friday, July 14, 2006

I'll stop bitching when my rash goes away

Back from Paris. Home in the midwest. Quite ill. So, we've established that I'm not having the summer of my life, but I do sincerely hope that some of you are still enjoying yourselves. As soon as I have a little strength, I'll start writing more, podcasting, and peddling choice vintage, but in the meantime, I've been doing at awful lot of the whole lying-on-the-couch thing. It's not what I'm used to, but if nothing else, I've caught myself up on fashion literature, since I didn't have a hell of a lot of time to read about fashion in France (I was too busying buying it).

Of course, this just makes me lust after it and the time when I'll be once more able to indulge in it, but I suppose it's better than lying on the couch doing calculus or something. If I didn't have mono (and I don't have JUST mono where you're tired for a few weeks, I have full-on, lingering, drop-dead exhausting, complete with massively swollen tonsils and a full body, yes, fulll body, rash mono), I'd be spending lots of money on fabulous summer fashion, so I suppose it's more economical that I'm sick. . .

But anyhow. If I wasn't horribly disfigured, the Batucada Bikini by Abaete is exactly what I'd want to wear. I'm not a big swimsuit person (too intimidating), so I just don't pay much attention to them, but this one caught my attention right away. The color is bright and fun and completely daring, but the conservative shape and cute belt make it sophisticated and elegant. Sophisticated and elegant are not usually words I'd use to describe any swimsuit. Speaking of the shape, I actually think that the high waist and sweetheart neck make it sexier than it would be if it was as skimpy as most swimsuits. Hell, my swimsuit is a plain solid black string bikini (I don't swim much, didn't want to spend time shopping for a suit, and wanted to go as all-purpose as possible), which I thought was the best possible choice for a suit that's fail-safe fashionable, but now I see that I was definitely not right. This one really is simultaneously classic and fun, sexy and modest, fashionable and practicle, and all those other unlikely combinations of adjectives that designers constantly try for, but so rarely get right.

Well, maybe when I'm better, I'll get a little time to spend at the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home